You And Your Future
E. Ralph Godfrey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
E. Ralph Godfrey, Esquire was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is a 1992 graduate of The Smeal College of Business, The Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Finance and Economics, and a 1995 graduated from Widener University School of Law. He is admitted to practice before all the Courts of Pennsylvania, the Eastern, Middle and Western United States District Courts for Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Ralph has successfully litigated cases in most Courts of Common Pleas in Central Pennsylvania and in Federal Court. Additionally, he has handled a variety of matters before a number of Pennsylvania Administrative Agencies and the Pennsylvania Appellate Courts.
Upon graduation from law school, Ralph became an Assistant Chief Counsel at the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission litigating discrimination cases. Upon entering private practice with one of the largest defense firms in Pennsylvania, Ralph began defending insurance carriers, municipalities, school districts, self-insured companies, and individuals on a broad array of matters including products liability, trucking and transportation litigation, professional claims, banking litigation, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, and medical malpractice cases.
He has considerable experience in jury trials, arbitrations, and mediations, and has handled numerous cases with exposure in excess of $1 Million. Ralph is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Cumberland Bar Association, the Dauphin County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Defense Institute. He is also a member of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. He has lectured to business groups, insurance companies, and local government officials on a variety of topics.
Ralph resides in Carlisle with his wife, Donna, and their four children. He is a member of the Brethren in Christ Church and coaches lacrosse and soccer
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- The Smeal College of Business, The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1992
- Major: Finance and Economics
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, Member
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Brethren in Christ Church, Member
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, Assistant Chief Counsel