Focused On

You And Your Future

Guidance For Employers And Employees In Business Immigration

If you are looking to come to the United States to work or if you are an employer seeking to hire a foreign national, contact Central Pennsylvania immigration attorneys at Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP, today for your FREE CONSULTATION.

The immigration laws concerning employment-based visas are complex, and wading through them can be overwhelming. An attorney at Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP, can provide you with immigration law services that best fit your circumstances.

Helping Employers Navigate Immigration Regulations

Increasingly, many companies need to bring skilled foreign national professionals and executives to the United States to work in highly specialized fields. In fact, one of the main ways to immigrate to the U.S. is through an employment-based visa.

However, business immigration rules and regulations are complex and often restrictive. For business owners, both in the United States and abroad, and for foreign entrepreneurs and professionals, navigating the intricacies of business immigration regulations is a daunting, overwhelming and sometimes frustrating task.

Offering A Range Of Services For Business Owners

The attorneys at Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP, offer a wide variety of business immigration services – whether you are a company looking to bring a foreign executive or professional to the United States to work for you, or whether you are a foreign entrepreneur or investor looking to come to the U.S. via an employment or investment-based visa.

If you are a business owner or employer looking to bring a foreign national to work for you in the United States on a temporary visa, we can help you file a nonimmigrant petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or assist with any other needs pertaining to foreign workers.

Some of the visas available for temporary workers or investors include:

  • Transitional workers (CW)
  • Treaty traders (E-1)
  • Treaty investor (E-2)
  • Long-term foreign investors (E-2C)
  • Specialty job professionals from Australia (E-3)
  • Specialty jobs (H-1B)
  • Nurses working in a health professional shortage area (H-1C)
  • Seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers (H-2A)
  • Temporary nonagricultural laborers (H-2B)
  • Trainees (H-3)
  • Foreign media (I)
  • Educational and cultural exchange visitor (J)
  • Intracompany transferee (L)
  • Extraordinary ability (O)
  • Athletes, entertainers, performers or artists (P)
  • Cultural exchange (Q)
  • Religious workers (R)
  • NAFTA temporary professionals from Mexico and Canada (TN)

Advising Foreign Nationals Seeking Permanent Residency

Also, about 140,000 immigrant visas are available every fiscal year for foreign nationals and their families who are looking to immigrate to the United States permanently based on their job skills. You may be eligible for one of these visas based on your skills and abilities.

The following is a list of the five employment-based immigrant visa preferences.

  • Extraordinary ability or outstanding professors and researchers (EB-1)
  • Exceptional ability or professionals with advanced degrees (EB-2)
  • Skilled workers or professionals (EB-3)
  • Special immigrants or religious workers (EB-4)
  • Immigrant investors (EB-5)

Some of these preferences require that you already have a job offer from a United States employer. This employer is considered your sponsor. For some visa preferences, even before the sponsoring employer can submit an immigration petition to the USCIS, the employer must first obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor.

If you are a foreign worker seeking to come to the United States to work on a permanent basis or if you are an employer looking to navigate the complexities of the labor certification process, call the attorneys at 717-971-1974 today.

Speak With A Skilled Immigration Lawyer For Free

If you or a loved one needs assistance with a work visa application or one or more of our immigration law services, contact one of the Central Pennsylvania immigration attorneys online. You can also call 717-971-1974 today for your free and confidential consultation.