Focused On

You And Your Future

Using The Law To Work In The U.S. On A Temporary Basis

Contact Central Pennsylvania immigration attorneys at Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP, today for your FREE CONSULTATION.

Under U.S. immigration law, you may come to the United States on a temporary basis as a nonimmigrant. In most cases, nonimmigrants are coming to work on a temporary basis. There are more than 20 types of visas for temporary nonimmigrant workers – many of which are for workers with extraordinary or exceptional skills and abilities. Ordinarily, immigrants who obtain a temporary visa for work purposes are sponsored by their employers. Only so many of some categories of nonimmigrant temporary visas may be issued each year.

Not only are there employment-based nonimmigrant visas, but the United States also allows the issue of other nonimmigrant visas based on certain scenarios and your purpose for being in the United States. Every applicant applying for a nonimmigrant visa must qualify on his or her own merits. Our attorneys can help you evaluate your immigration options and learn whether seeking a nonimmigration visa will help you achieve your long-term goals.

Common Nonimmigrant Visas

The following is a list of some common nonimmigrant visas. Keep in mind that for each type of visa, you will have to meet certain requirements before the visa will be issued.

The range of nonimmigrant visas include:

  • A & G visas are for representatives of foreign governments
  • B-1visas are issued to certain aliens for many purposes, including general business purposes, tourism, and medical and emergency situations
  • C-1 visas are for those transitioning through the U.S.
  • C-1/D visas are for crew members who are flying to the United States to join ships
  • E-1 and E-2 visas are for those from a treaty country who engage in substantial trade in services or technology
  • F visas are for students who are in academic or language programs
  • H visas are for temporary workers and trainees
  • I visas are for journalists and members of the media
  • J visas are for exchange visitors
  • K visas are for fiances or spouses of U.S. citizens
  • L visas are for transfers within a company
  • M visas are for students in vocational or other nonacademic programs
  • O visas are for temporary workers of extraordinary ability
  • P visas are for athletes and entertainers
  • Q visas are for cultural exchange visitors
  • R visas are for religious workers

Talk To Us For Free About Your Immigration Concerns

If you or a loved one is in need of one or more of our immigration law services related to nonimmigrant visas, reach one of the Central Pennsylvania immigration attorneys by calling 717-971-1974 or contacting us online today for your free and confidential consultation.