Motor Vehicle Accidents
Central Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys Fighting for the Rights of Those Injured by the Negligence of Another
Accidents happen every day. At Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP, we understand the devastating physical impact a car or truck accident can cause, from physical injuries, lost wages, medical bills and more. To make matters worse, dealing with insurance companies is never easy.
Our experienced attorneys will fight to obtain the just compensation you deserve. Please contact our experienced attorneys today for a free case evaluation and to learn more how our entire staff is dedicated to righting the wrong you suffered by calling us at (717) 920-2220 or using our easy and convenient contact form.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car accident can have many causes but the most common are:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted Driving (g., texting while driving, talking on the cell phone)
- Driving While Tired
- Aggressive Driving
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Defective Equipment
- Ignoring traffic signs and traffic signals
What to do if you are involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been in a car-truck accident, follow these steps:
- Do not sign anything given to you by an insurance company without contacting us first. The insurance company does not represent you. As such, do not answer any questions or provide a written or verbal statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Contact the police. Inform them of any injuries or if anyone is intoxicated.
- Collect the following information:
- Full names, addresses and phone numbers of the drivers, passengers and witnesses
- License plate numbers
- Make and model of cars
- Insurance status of the driver
- Name of registered owner of the vehicle
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to vehicles, street signs, skid marks (if any) and weather conditions.
- Seek Medical Attention and document your injuries early. Injuries, such as whiplash, may not be felt for a few days after the accident. Photograph your injuries.
- Keep a detailed, ongoing log of all healthcare providers you treat with for your injuries.
- Keep track of all expenses related to your injuries, including prescription receipts, mileage for trips to doctors and physical therapy, co-pays, home health expenses, etc.…
- Write down details of the accident, including date and time of the accident, direction of travel, weather conditions, locations of traffic control devices, names and badge numbers of police officers.
- Call you insurance company and report the accident as soon as practical after the accident. If you think your insurance company is not going to cover the accident, call Kelly, Parker & Cohen, LLP.
- Follow all treatment recommendations and keep all scheduled appointments with healthcare providers to properly document your injuries.
Call Kelly, Parker & Cohen LLP to Learn More about Your Legal Rights
Do not delay in calling our experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys. We can be reached 24/7 to discuss your Pennsylvania motor vehicle accident and offer free case evaluations. Call us today at (717) 920-2220, use our confidential chat, or complete the easy and convenient contact us form for a free case evaluation!